Laura and I went for a look around Dudmaston and Cranmere today. There were several large flocks of Siskin and Redpoll, numerous Goldcrest and on Seggy pool 8 Goosander and 2 Goldeneye. Sadly no Crosssbill, we shall have to go further into the woods next time.
At Cranmere there were lots of RL Partridge, 50+ Fieldfare, Redwing, Yellowhammer and a field full of geese. With reports of Pinkfeet passing over Shrops at the moment could there be any taking a break here?! Nope... no such luck. We counted 136 Greylag, 26 Canadas and a Snow Goose, presumably this is the one from Chelmarsh. I wish I'd taken the camera, he's really quite sweet.... for a goose.
Friday 5 February
Seems I missed the best sighting at Chelmarsh, I heard a report of 2 or 3 redhead Smew spending a few days on the reservoir recently!
Plenty to see at the two feeding areas today with many Reed Buntings, Redpoll, finches, tits and a few Brambling gathered here. They really don't keep still long! But here's a few from by the hide late on Friday afternoon.



No comments:
Post a Comment