On arrival we were told what you don't really want to hear 'it had been showing well but flew out of sight half an hour ago'. Oh well, at least we knew it was still around, so waited patiently in the hope it would return to its favoured area. Trying to spot a singing Grasshopper Warbler helped pass the time!
After a while we decided to walk around the area and soon heard it had been seen up the other end... and there it was. I couldn't believe how small it looked! I'd been expecting something Woodpigeon size! We had the most fantastic close up views, though it was often so close we had to 'freeze' and couldn't move to take pics! So this one taken from a distance is as good as they get from me.

I have memories though and this is one I shan't forget for a while!

No comments:
Post a Comment